Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

THE EFFORT TO LOOK EFFORTLESS

     

Don't let the simplicity of it all fool you! Do you know how much time it took me to dress up into this?? 
Well I'm exaggerating my emotions (because I am a fast dresser) but let me just narrate briefly the happenings in my dressing room. 

My focal point is my top! I had to choose among 3 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shoes. Initially, I had piles of silver necklaces on but had to remove because  it was not flattering my body at all. I looked like I had an inch for a neck and that is definitely a no no! Length should always be evident!!! Even if you're 4 feet tall, you should always work for it because length is sexy! After, i had to rummage through my closet of bags to find the right match! On top of that, I still had to decide whether to put my hair down or to tie it. Whew! Boys, you don't know how tiring it is in a woman's dressing room!!! Although, I have to give two thumbs up for the fashown guys out there! Men's fashion is evolving! 

Speaking of length, if you want to add a few inches to your body, remember! You can never go wrong with vertical stripes. And you see what I did here? My legs look really long (well I think they do) because of the illusion brought about by the black leather leggings and the black patent leather shoes. Of course, the heels also helped! Because of the same color, the eyes do not see the separation between the two, the line just goes on. 

A look like this is always appealing because of the freshness and the light feel. You don't have chunky accessories weighing you down neither do you have too much prints for the eyes to explore. But it is not easy to get it right, you also need a percentage of effort to look fashionably effortless. 


Oh and there's my photographer trying to get a beautiful photo of what's down there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment